How do I propose a session?
If you would like to present click HERE to submit your proposal.
If you are not the presenter, but want to propose a session or presenter click HERE . The proposed session is more likely to happen if you contact the presenter.
WHAT IS THE HOUSING LIKE AT SONOMA STATE?
The residences at Sonoma State are arranged in villages – ours is Sauvignon Village – with apartments. The basics:
- Each apartment is fully furnished and features 4 bedrooms/4 private bathrooms, a shared living room, shared full modern kitchen and a shared patio (Floor Plans – look for Sauvignon Apartment).
- Each apartment has two single bedrooms and two double occupancy bedrooms, with extra long twin-size beds – this is a university after all! (For those determined souls, you can push the beds together to make a cal king—it won’t be easy, though.) And, again, each bedroom has its own in-suite bathroom. Further, each bedroom is accessible with key-card, so you have maximum security.
- The residences are equipped with high-speed wireless Internet, at no additional charge.
- Rather than being spread out all over campus, all Limmudniks will be lodged in Sauvignon village. We even have our own grassy knoll in the center of the village – perfect for picnics and playing! Take a virtual tour.
- We also love that the housing is “close-in.” It is in close proximity to the Campus Recreation Center (gym/pool), Student Center (where we will have meals and majority of the sessions), and two other buildings where we will hold film screenings and a concert.
- Residential kitchens have a refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, dishwasher and range/oven. The kitchens have no other equipment (pots, pans, dishes, silverware), so be sure to bring your own if you expect to use the kitchen.
HOW ACCESSIBLE IS SONOMA STATE?
One of the best things about hosting Limmud Bay Area at a university campus is that Sonoma State University is Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant. If you have questions or concerns prior to registration, please send an email to email@example.com. A couple of points:
- The residences are single floor; some are at ground level with no stairs, while others are one level up. If you need a residence without stairs, please let us know when you register, in the “Do you need any special accommodations?” field.
- All of the buildings where we will have classes/programming have elevators and ramps.
- See the Campus Accessibility map for the locations of handicapped parking, accessible campus pathways and entrances to buildings, as well as locations of accessible restrooms in each building.
WHAT WILL SHABBAT BE LIKE AT LIMMUD?
Shabbat will begin with a joint Kabbalat Shabbat, and we will celebrate together with festive meals and community singing. There will be a variety of Shabbat services options, which allow those who observe different traditions to worship and learn in a comfortable setting. For those who are not prayerfully inclined, there will also be a full roster of Limmud learning opportunities.
What about traditional Shabbat observance? I am shomer Shabbat. Will I be comfortable at Limmud?
Absolutely! In addition to prayer services, there will be many shomer-shabbat-friendly sessions which will employ no electrical devices. Those sessions will be clearly marked on the printed schedule. All meals are kosher and prepared in accordance with Shabbat observance rules, supervised by Vaad of Northern California. And we’ll have an Eruv around the residential and learning areas on campus. (We had fun explaining THAT one to SSU!)
What if I don’t want to go to prayer services?
There will be a full roster of Limmud sessions during Shabbat. Plus, some will be observance-friendly, and some will make use of audio and visual equipment and other electrical devices.
I like celebrating Shabbat with singing accompanied by musical instruments. Will that kind of prayer service be available?
Yes! We plan to have prayer services of many different types, including those with musical instruments.
Will my kids be able to go to Camp Limmud on Shabbat? Will the activities be appropriate for Shabbat observant families?
Of course! ALL activities on Shabbat will be both appropriate for Shabbat observant kids AND a ton of fun!
We’d love to hear from you! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org