Taste of Limmud in Berkely, San Francisco, Palo Alto on June 25, 2017
Are you a regular Limmudnik, and wish you didn’t have to wait till Summer’18 for the next experience?
Or maybe you’ve never been to Limmud and aren’t sure that Limmud is worth the investment of a whole weekend?
This one’s for you!
Taste of Limmud is designed to bring into your own Bay Area backyard (Berkeley, San Francisco, or Palo Alto) a glimpse of Limmud Bay Area as a 4-hour Limmud mini-conference that will whet your appetite for the June 29-July1, 2018 Limmud Bay Area Experience.
What to expect
We have arranged to bring the best new educational talent from among Kevah’s young Fellows cohort, and some of the most beloved local academic and clergy presenters. As befitting a Limmud, you will have options to choose from: text, sociology, music, art, law, or history. And as always, you will have more options than time, but that’s Limmud! You will even have to choose between breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We don’t expect many of you will want to go marathon-style to all three locations on the same day – Sunday, June 25, 2017 – but if you wish, you can do that too!
Team Limmud is working hard to re-create the residential Limmud experience at the Taste events, but some important Limmud Bay Area elements will still be missing:
- There will be no Camp Limmud
- We will miss the beautiful Shabbat together
- There will be no searching for the building of your next session
- We will skip the long contemplative drive to and from Sonoma
- No one will stay up till late at night socializing
- Largely absent will be the ruach we feel when the Jews of all ages, walks of life, affiliations (or not), and view-points spend 3 days learning, teaching, discussing, sharing, singing, dancing, eating, and kvelling together.
Please use your own imagination to fill the gaps.
Registration for the Taste of Limmud is now open at www.limmudbayarea.org/taste
Don’t delay – there is limited capacity at each location.